Phase Zero Design is an innovative national award winning design firm offering architectural, interior design and planning services to a diverse base of clients. The firm’s expertise includes the retail, corporate, residential and hospitality practice areas. Our clients include national retail chains, regional banking and grocery chains, national REITs, academic institutions and hospitality groups. Phase Zero Design is seeking to fill this position in our Simsbury, Connecticut Office.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic, collaborative studio environment on a variety of projects. Candidates must have well-rounded experience in architecture and interiors, with particular focus on Mixed Use, Retail and Workplace. The ability to contribute to an energetic fast-paced creative process developing innovative design solutions is a must. Additional experience working on Retail projects is also highly valued for this position, but not a requirement.
Specific responsibilities include:
- - Due Diligence
- - Coordination of in-house team, consultants, vendors and at times clients
- - Participate in development and maintenance of Master Drawings and template sets
- - Prepare, control and manage deliverables of the project
- - Promote clear communications and facilitate meetings
- - Review designs for code accessibility compliance, and incorporate needed changes in construction documentation
Specific qualifications include:
- - Creativity and strong design skills
- - Skilled at multi-tasking and working on multiple deadlines
- - Competence in working with a fast-paced, collaborative design environment
- - Strong graphic and verbal communication skills
- - Fluency with AutoCAD Suites, Sketch-Up, and Microsoft Office Suite; Photoshop and Illustrator experience a plus
- - Interest in Mixed Use, Retail, Hospitality and Workplace Projects
- - Strong Detailing and Documentation Skills
- - Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field
- - 4-6 years of experience in architecture or related field
- - LEED accreditation beneficial
Expect some travel throughout the United States.
Salary commensurable with experience and talent.
Phase Zero Design is always looking for people with skills, vision and character who can go beyond a job description to find new and innovative ways to contribute to our company's success. If you are looking for a growing, highly professional work environment and enjoy working with creative minds, please send a cover letter, resume and examples of work that best illustrates the candidates' design and contract document development abilities via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send all items as attachments to the email in PDF format.